Help Desk Specialist, Brookville Ohio
Flow Dry Technology, the world leader in moisture control, desiccants, and automotive gaskets for product protection, is seeking an experienced Help Desk Specialist at the Brookville, OH location. The successful candidate will design, organize, modify, install, and support FDT’s computer systems including LANs, WANs, internet and intranet systems, network segments, and software. Provide technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software. Respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions.
- Familiar with LANs, WANs, network segments, internet, and intranet systems.
- Install and maintain network hardware and software.
- Analyze, isolate, and troubleshoot issues.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system's performance to ensure efficiency.
- Identify and support user needs.
- Determine network and system requirements and design to allow all components to work properly together.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPNgateways, intrusion detection systems.
- Familiarity with administering servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Make recommendations for future upgrades.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Train computer users.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- 2-year Associate degree in an Information Technology related discipline and/or 5 years’ experience in technical support.
- Experience providing support in a manufacturing environment.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills
We offer competitive compensation and benefits. Flow Dry is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining the best qualified people available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or status as a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.