SorbaTech® Unit Bags - Military Spec MIL-D-3464E
SorbaTech® Unit Bags conform to the military specification for weight and adsorption capacity requirements as defined in MIL-D-3464E and are available in standard sizes from 1/6 to 80 units. These bags are used for a variety of applications including electronics, bulk chemicals, pharmaceuticals and food products.
Military Specification MIL-D-3464E for Desiccants:
MIL-D-3464E Defined: A desiccant unit is that quantity of desiccant, as received, which will adsorb at equilibrium with air at 25 degrees Celsius at least the following quantities of water vapour:
- (a) 3.00 grams at 20 percent relative humidity (R.H.), and
- (b) 6.00 grams at 40 percent R.H.
What Size Desiccant Packet Do you Need?
The answer to this question really depends on the intended application and environment. When you contact us we will happily advise you on the best SorbaTech® adsorbent solution for your odor/moisture/contaminant challenge.
SorbaTech® Unit Bags are typically made with durable, non-dusting, Tyvek® cover stock material and filled with silica gel or activated clay desiccant, depending upon the specific application.
Alternative coverstock materials other than Tyvek®, such as: creped kraft paper; non-woven polyester; and other non-woven materials, are also available. Again, Flow Dry engineers will help you select the right package material for your application.
Why Would You Want Alternative Coverstock?
- Perhaps a unique requirement for high temperature stability.
- Chemical compatibility.
- Standard adsorbent fills for SorbaTech®:
- Silica Gel
- Activated clay
- Also available for SorbaTech®:
- Activated carbon.
- Indicating Silica Gel.
- Molecular Sieve - Standard:Type 4A molecular sieve – other types molecular sieve products available for special applications.
- Blends of adsorbents.
- Special adsorbents for customer specific requirements.
Other adsorbents can be used in the SorbaTech® Unit Bags style package. Which adsorbent is best? Our engineers are problem solvers and will work with you to understand your application requirements and help you select the right adsorbent for your particular needs.
SorbaTech® Unit Bags Features:
- Standard SorbaTech® Unit Bags use durable Tyvek coverstock for its high strength, tear resistance, high permeability, and dust tight features.
- Uniform permeability over the packet surface results in efficient adsorption rates.