old under the Sorbatech® brand, our shipping container desiccant bags, also known as “cargo bags,” are hung in shipping containers, protecting your products from the phenomenon of container rain.
What is container rain?
When container ships travel around the world, they pass through a range of temperatures. When a container ship moves from a hot, humid environment (like Malaysia) to a cold, dry environment (like Canada), moisture releases from the air and condense as water droplets over the course of the journey — just like it condenses on your window pane at home on a cold day.
Container rain is a top driver of losses in the shipping industry. Approximately 10% of cargo is discarded annually due to moisture damage.
Flow Dry’s container bags are designed to absorb moisture as it releases into the air – so that your products do not.
- loading in humid environments
- products with high moisture content
- package and dunnage with high moisture content
- drop when shipped to colder climates
- drop due to cold front
- drop with day-to-night temperature fluctuations
- when temperature drops below dew point
- when moisture condenses from vapor to liquid
- when colder air can no longer hold moisture
Features and Benefits:
- Absorb up to 100% of their weight in moisture
- Clean, non-dusting bag made with DuptonTM Tyvek®
- Save time in installation using the sturdy plastic hook
- Protect goods of all types from corrosion, mold, mildew and rust
- Each bag contains 1500 grams of desiccant blend
- Each bag is 14.5-inch long x 6.5-inch wide
- Sorbatech® Container Bags are supplied by the case (10 bags each)
- One case protects a 20-foot GP container; two cases protect a 40-foot GP container
- Full skid quantities of 60 cases available for easy handling
Order Container Bags
Call (937) 833-2161 or fill out “Contact Us” form