What is container rain?
When container ships travel around the world, they pass through a range of temperatures. When a container ship moves from a hot, humid environment (like Malaysia) to a cold, dry environment (like Canada), moisture releases from the air and condense as water droplets over the course of the journey — just like it condenses on your window pane at home on a cold day.
Container rain is a top driver of losses in the shipping industry. Approximately 10% of cargo is discarded annually due to moisture damage.
Flow Dry’s container bags are designed to absorb moisture as it releases into the air – so that your products do not.
- loading in humid environments
- products with high moisture content
- package and dunnage with high moisture content
- drop when shipped to colder climates
- drop due to cold front
- drop with day-to-night temperature fluctuations
- when temperature drops below dew point
- when moisture condenses from vapor to liquid
- when colder air can no longer hold moisture
Features and Benefits:
- Absorb up to 100% of their weight in moisture
- Clean, non-dusting bag made with DuptonTM Tyvek®
- Save time in installation using the sturdy plastic hook
- Protect goods of all types from corrosion, mold, mildew and rust
- Each bag contains 1500 grams of desiccant blend
- Each bag is 14.5-inch long x 6.5-inch wide
- Sorbatech® Container Bags are supplied by the case (10 bags each)
- One case protects a 20-foot GP container; two cases protect a 40-foot GP container
- Full skid quantities of 60 cases available for easy handling
Order Container Bags
Call (937) 833-2161 or fill out “Contact Us” form